The Center & COVID-19
As of March 1, 2022, the Center will no longer require audience members to wear masks. Those needing to be masked to protect their unique health condition(s) are welcome to do so.
As Covid-19 is an evolving landscape, protocols can change at any time. Patrons are encouraged to check the specific event detail pages for up-to-date information regarding the event they are attending, as specific performances may have differing policies.
Health screening documents will not be requested.
As the Covid landscape continues to evolve in 2022, the Center may elect or be required to add safety measures to events.
If Covid-19 prevents you from attending an event you have purchased tickets to, please contact the Box Office to discuss your options.
During Your Experience
- The Lobby will open one hour prior to the start of an event with the Theater opening 30 minutes prior.
- Please have your ticket(s) printed, in hand, or open on your device and ready for scanning as you enter the Theater.
- Patrons will be permitted to bring full bottles of water with a lid that closes into the Theater.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use in various places around the venue.
What you can expect from the Center
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing is being conducted prior to, during, and following all events.
- The highest quality EPA-approved cleaners are being used.
- Our air filtration system is optimized at a high standard using MERV 13 filters and with filtered air cycled every 20 minutes.
- All public areas and restrooms are being sanitized before, during, and after events.
- GLCFA staff will continue to adhere to guidelines from applicable governing authorities.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and patrons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the Great Lakes Center for the Arts you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Great Lakes Center for the Arts or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
All patrons agree to this COVID-19 liability release waiver: GLCFA-Liability-Waiver.pdf